SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (CRICOS: 102989A)
About this course
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge to become job ready as a commercial cook. This course provides hands on experience in commercial kitchen operations as required by the hospitality industry. Students will learn to prepare and cook meats, poultry, seafood, deserts, breads and pastries as well as a range of operational skills such as receiving and storing stock and cost-effective menu planning. This course is an ideal pathway into entry level employment in commercial cookery.
On successfully completing this course, graduates will receive the nationally recognized
SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
The duration of this course is 52 weeks, including a 10 week work placement, and up to 12 weeks of term breaks
Face to face classroom, Practical training and assessment is completed in commercial kitchen and 200 hours of Work-based Training arranged by the Institute.
WORK BASED TRAINING
This course includes work-based training of a minimum of 200 hours/10 weeks. During work-based training, students will be able to practice their skills and knowledge in real workplace settings. This will assist students to be job-ready at graduation. Work Based Training is organized by
On successful completion of the course candidates can seek employment as
All overseas students entering this qualification must have an English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 (Academic or general version) or equivalent internationally recognized exam result, or
- IELTS band score of 5.0 (Academic or general version) then Satisfactory completion of ELICOS or ESL up to 20 weeks at upper intermediate level or
- Upper Intermediate (General English) or higher certificate from a CRICOS registered English language training provider
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed secondary studies equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification from an English language speaking country.
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate III or higher level.
Acacia Institute also has an online English proficiency test to ensure that students have the English language capacity to successfully complete this course.
For overseas students on an Australian student visa, Acacia Institute has a requirement that all students must be over 18 years of age at the commencement of course.
It is recommended that students have attained a year 12 certificate or equivalent.
Students exiting this qualification may choose to progress with further studies by undertaking one or more of the following qualifications:
- SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- A range of other qualifications at Certificate IV level.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices||Core|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others||Core|
|SITHCCC001||Use food preparation equipment||Core|
|SITHCCC005||Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery||Core|
|SITHCCC006||Prepare appetizers and salads||Core|
|SITHCCC007||Prepare stocks, sauces and soups||Core|
|SITHCCC008||Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes||Core|
|SITHCCC012||Prepare poultry dishes||Core|
|SITHCCC013||Prepare seafood dishes||Core|
|SITHCCC014||Prepare meat dishes||Core|
|SITHCCC018||Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements||Core|
|SITHCCC019||Produce cakes, pastries and breads||Core|
|SITHCCC020||Work effectively as a cook||Core|
|SITHKOP001||Clean kitchen premises and equipment||Core|
|SITHKOP002||Plan and cost basic menus||Core|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety||Core|
|SITXFSA002||Participate in safe food handling practices||Core|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills||Core|
|SITXINV002||Maintain the quality of perishable items||Core|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices||Core|
|SITHCC017||Handle and serve cheese||Elective|
|SITXINV001||Receive and store stock||Elective|
|SITXWHS002||Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks||Elective|